- What is Monkey Cult Coffee?
Matt Zions – We say we are the evolution of coffee. We find creative ways to infuse alcohol inspired flavors into high end artisanal coffees.
- You offer flavored ground coffee, but not in whole bean; why?
Matt Zions – We know the flavors will be more consistent if we grind them. We are working on some techniques to create more consistency in whole bean but when you buy a bag of Monkey Cult Coffee it tastes the same every time.
- Why did you get into the coffee business?
Matt Zions – To create a company that could raise money to fight cancer.
- If it weren’t for coffee, what would you be doing?
Matt Zions – I’d be retired. It felt like the right thing to do.
- What did you want to be when you grew up?
Matt Zions – I wanted to play Football or Baseball
- Star Wars or Star Trek? Why?
Matt Zions – Star Wars. Because Han Solo > Captain Kirk (prove me wrong)
- Whats your favorite book to recommend to others?
Matt Zions – The Outsiders
- What song can you never skip when it comes on the radio?
Matt Zions – Anything G. Love and Special Sauce (But they don’t get a ton of radio play)
- Why does Monkey Cult donate to the National Pediatric Cancer Fund?
Matt Zions – We lost someone and wanted to do something to honor them.
- If you could sit down with anyone (dead or living) over a cup of coffee, who would it be?
Matt Zions – Jimi Hendrix… The stories he could tell us… Also I think he would dig our Toasted Coconut Rum Coffee 🙂
FInd out more about Monkey Cult Coffee and all they offer by clicking here – www.monkeycultcoffee.com and using code FSF10 at checkout.